Tour15 The Unstoppable Life - 27 May 2015 - Eindhoven - Effenaar

At last, after listening to their music for more than 7 years, I get to see Dir En Grey perform live, and what is more, promoting one of their best albums to date! The band was all I hoped for and at the same time exceeded all expectations! Congratulations and thanx for the amazing show guys!  

To be honest I almost didn't go to the concert yesterday, because I'm tired of going to concerts alone. But the love for Diru brought old acquaintances (from Greece) to Eindhoven, all the way from my beloved London, so in the end I wasn't solo anymore. This is what I call luck!

Also this is the first concert in which I willingly and consciously parted with my camera. And I was rewarded for that. Apparently empty hands mean that you can actually get o pick or drumstick at the end of the show, or as in my case both! However I couldn't resist, and used my crappy phone camera to make some stills. Unfortunately I couldn't get all the band members so just focused on Kyo and Toshiya.

Highlight of the show: Kyo who blew me away with his vocal and emotional range

On a final note I want to just comment on how irrelevant to Dir En Grey the opening act, Rise of The Northstar, was. And that was not just about their music which was immature, but also about their attitude. They were all dressed in uniform, reminding me of so many K-pop bands, and acted as if they were headliners (as one of my friends mentioned). To my surprise, this French band had its own following in the crowd who proceeded on creating a mosh-pit during their performance.

P.S. After a year in the Netherlands, it's refreshing to see bruises once more on me after a good live. 









Top: Rise of the Northstar
All the rest: Dir En Grey



SETLIST:
SOSHAKU
Chain repulsion
Sustain the Untruth
Un Deux
UROKO
TOUSEI
RINKAKU
KUKOKU NO KYOUON
FUKAI
Phenomenon
Behind a vacant image
Cause of fickleness
The inferno
Revelation of mankind

RED SOIL
-Saku-
HAGESHISA TO, KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE KARAMITSUITA SHAKUNETSU NO YAMI




Comments

  1. Nice photos! I think I see myself on some of them...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts