Karmaflow In Concert: The Rock Opera - 19 Jan 2015 - 's-Hertogenbosh - Aan De Parade

When I bought tickets for this event I didn't know what to expect. The idea of an interactive opera intrigued me and though (as a former gamer) I could understand how it can work in a game I couldn't imagine it in a live concert. Well there was an app that allowed you to do that. I downloaded it when I entered the theatre, and thru out the show it would present me with text I had to read and dilemmas concerning the story that I could vote on. The Conductor joined the Muse, the Sun Brother won against the Moon Sister and the Hero became the Heart... 

Like I said I didn't know what to expect, so when the music started, the projection appeared and the first singer made her entrance I was BLOWN AWAY!!! She was in full make-up and costume, and her presence alone promised that it would be a great night.

And so it was! Everything was just Perfect. The band, the orchestra, the singers, the projection, the music, the costumes...

















Cast: Dianne van Giersbergen, Marcela Bovio, George Oosthoek, Lisette van den Berg, Bas Dolmans, Mariangela Demurtas, Jesper de Kruyff, Michelle Splietelhof, Daaniel de Jongh, Arjan Janissen, Henning Base

Band: Ivo van Dijk, Luuk van Gerven, Bob Wijtsma, Carmen Raats
and the Metropole Orkest with Jan Stulen as conductor.

Of course a show does not happen by itself, a lot of people work on it and everyone focuses on a different aspect of it, but I will only mention the one that interests me the most, and that is the costume design, done by Ingeborg Steenhorst.  

This is definitely a great first step for this project. I'm already anticipating the release of the soundtrack and hope that the next show will be even bigger, with extras, a chorus, dancers etc.


There is only one thing that I think needs some more planning and that is the timing of the updates on the app. Through the night I was torn between keeping my eyes on the stage, and reading some important plot points that appeared on my phone. I tried to do both and it was kind of frustrating.

Comments

Popular Posts