Delain - 27 Mar 2015 - Maastricht - De Muziekgieterij

Lately, experimenting with bands whose music I am not familiar with, has gone surprisingly well. Usually my experiments are cheap (buying or borrowing an albums) but now I find myself purchasing tickets for concerts, without knowing what to expect. And like I said, up until now, I have been incredibly lucky and haven't regretted it yet.

This is also the case with Delain, a band whose name I keep hearing more and more since I moved to the Netherlands six months ago. So when I was asked by a friend to join him in one of their concerts I immediately said yes! I wont say much about the live because that's not what I do. But I will say this: their music is good, the band played very well and everybody had a great time! (I will definitely order their discography) In addition to that Charlotte Wessels managed to be playful and engaging with the crowd and photographers during the whole show, giving at the end of the show her rubber bracelet to a very young fan located right in front of the stage. 

Highlight of the live: Merel Bechtold playing the guitar!

Also, somewhere about here I HAVE to mention how loyal the Delain fans are, appearing -almost every single one of them- wearing the bands merchandise, breaking the 1st concert-goers rule which says: "Though shall not wear the bands merchandise in their own gig." 

Concerning the supporting bands, Drunken Dreams and Kingfisher Sky, they both played well. From what I understand the first band doesn't have an album yet, but being young, the members have time to experiment, practice and evolve. On the other hand Kingfisher Sky failed to impress me, even though everything about them was right. Maybe it's the fact that I listened to a lot of Within Temptation when I was younger, and "clean" symphonic, female fronted metal does not attract me any more. Never the less I am sure that a big part of the audience liked them and that is what matters.    


















First image: Drunken Dreamers
Next four: Kingfisher Sky
All the rest: Delain


SETLIST:
Mother Machine 
Get the Devil Out of Me
Army of Dolls 
Stardust
Electricity 
Milk and Honey
Sleepwalkers Dream 
Pristine
See Me in Shadow 
Here Come the Vultures
Stay Forever 
The Gathering
April Rain 
Not Enough
My Masquerade 
The Tragedy of the Commons
We Are the Others 

Comments

Popular Posts